These are some of the projects and companies I’ve worked on since 2004.
My journey began at Infranetworking, a web hosting startup where I started crafting an innovative career in 2004. I dove headfirst into the world of web hosting, Linux, cybersecurity, and servers while delivering top-tier customer support and personalized solutions for small to medium-sized businesses in the Hispanic market.
As I progressed, I took advantage of every opportunity to learn, and grow, and eventually became a business partner. After 15 years of leading the tech and marketing departments, I sold my stake to my business partner and mentor, Daniel Velazquez, in 2019.
As my entrepreneurial spirit grew, I embarked on various side projects during my spare time, each providing a chance to explore new domains and make a lasting impact:
- LinuxUruguay (2004): This LUG (Linux User Group) allowed me to promote open-source software in Uruguay. As the chief coordinator until 2008, I helped foster a vibrant community centered around the use of GNU/Linux.
- PlanetaBlogs (2007): This comprehensive blog network, dedicated to promoting trending tech and software content, was my first online business. It helped me sharpen my blogging, SEO, and monetization skills. After running this business for 12 years, I decided to sell it in 2019.
- NginxTips (2013): NginxTips became a hub for empowering web developers and SysAdmins by offering valuable insights on the Nginx web server and web performance. Acquired by MaxCDN (now part of Stackpath) in 2015, it introduced me to David Henzel and Chris Ueland, leading to my first professional opportunity in the US market.
- InterApps (2016): I founded this local digital agency to craft web solutions, optimize online experiences, and conduct technical and local SEO audits for small businesses. I sold the client base to a competitor in 2019.
- DNS Propagation (2017): This web application allowed system administrators and developers to track DNS propagation changes worldwide. After growing its traffic, it was acquired by an SEO agency in 2019.
The Journey Continues
In 2017, I embarked on my journey as a part-time freelance Security Researcher at SecurityTrails, diving headfirst into the intricate world of data security. Transitioning to a full-time Marketing Project Manager and later to Head of Marketing, I played a pivotal role in the company’s success, before and after its acquisition by Recorded Future for 65 million dollars. I led a diverse marketing team and contributed to doubling the annual recurring revenue for the Attack Surface Intelligence product, driving SecurityTrails to new heights.
But most importantly, I had the pleasure of working with extraordinary leaders such as German Hoeffner, Fred Madarshahian, and Scott Donnelly, as well as one of my greatest mentors, Chris Ueland. He taught me many things, including how to be a supportive leader.
Now, I’m fully dedicated to working at Recorded Future as a Demand Generation Marketing Manager, supported by an incredible team. My primary focus is on Content Strategy, SEO & Conversion Rate Optimization, among other areas.
And since I can’t stay idle for too long, I decided to start a new project in my spare time in 2023:
- SEO Jutsu Browser Extension (2023): This Chrome extension aims to offer comprehensive Technical and OnPage SEO analysis at a glance, accessible from any browser tab. The estimated release date is Q1 2024.
Want to know more about me? Head over to the About Me page.